Monday, October 29, 2012

Echos

A blessing is a gift to others. My aunt told me the other day that I'm a blessing. I think that is the most wonderful thing to say to someone. That you are a gift.
 
A person doesn't set-out to be a blessing. There are no self-help courses outlining procedures to become one. No "Be a Blessing for Dummies" books.  
  
So, if it is true, how did it happen?
 
Why am I who I am, believe as I believe, seek out what I seek - dream what I dream?

  • The family tree is one of hardy stock.
  • My journey is littered with junctions of other people's paths.
  • From the lessons learned of those who have fallen, gotten back up and moved forward, I am the beneficiary. 
  • I am merely the outcome of a ripple.

In the most simple form of an answer, I am but an echo*.


*Because of you, J.S., I have been pondering Philippians 4:13.  Actually, the entire chapter is worth pondering. At least, that's my 2¢ worth.

No comments: