Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sparklers

I must be "off my feed" or something. Being hermit-ish, very un-Penny-ish for awhile now.

Hmmm...

July 4 would usually find me reading the declaration of independence, watching baseball, grilling out with family/friends, or heading to the river with a good book and fishing pole (bait and hook optional). Come nightfall, I'd eagerly await the first boom of the fireworks high above the bluffs. 

Not feeling it this year. No particular reason. 

Anyway, I decided if I'm going to be home all day I should clean house. Snort! So far all I've done is pretend to clean. Sassy is no help -- this morning she glared at the birds in the yard then headed back to stretch out for a nap on the bed.  Well, there's a good reason for not making the bed.

I opened the front door for a cross breeze and the ruby red glass in the door bathes the front hall in warm amber light. Whenever the air stirs the wind chimes there is this twinkle bouncing along the far wall.

Reminds me of Sparklers.

Happy Fourth, ya'll.

No comments: